Introduced on 1 November 2021, Dementia Social Club is a new care model that empowers caregivers, persons with dementia, including those with young onset dementia, to make contributions to the Club and community-at-large.
The Club provides a family approach for caregivers to participate in purposeful and meaningful activities with their loved ones. It is a social gathering place to receive skills training and peer support. As part of the Club, caregivers can build a support network, where they can develop self-care skills, forge supportive relationships with other caregivers and to organise or lead activities and events.
- Persons with dementia must attend with an accompanying caregiver
- Persons with dementia (mild to moderate stage of dementia)
- Diagnosis of dementia by a medical doctor (excludes persons diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment)
- Admissions will be approved on a case-by-case basis
Duration: 2.5 hours per session
Venue: 298 Tiong Bahru Road, #10-05 Central Plaza, Singapore 168730
|Day / Time||9.30am – 12pm||2pm – 4.30pm|
|Monday||–||Music & Movement Club|
|Tuesday||Leisure Club||** Men Club|
|Thursday||Reminiscence Club||Doodle Club|
|Friday||* YoD Club||* YoD Club|
* Only applicable to persons with dementia aged 65 years or below at the time of signing up
** Only applicable to males
If you are keen to sign up, please limit up to one session per week. This is to ensure that others can also benefit from this programme.
Download the Referral Form for Dementia Social Club here.
Dementia Social Club is a CREST-CG programme funded by Agency for Integrated Care (AIC). For referral via IRMS, please select the category as Community Mental Health (CREST & COMIT) and indicate under ‘Remarks’ as CREST CS DSG (Tiong Bahru).